onsdag 14 november 2012

My Tuesdays

Every other Tuesday I have a meeting with the editorial staff at my nation newspaper, while the other Tuesdays I have a meeting with the Environmental Branch at Blekingska Nation. Yesterday was environment day and last nights discussion centered about clothing and consumerism. What differs good consumerism from bad? How should one shop clothes in an environmental way? Of course, there are many ways to go green when comes to clothing, the most famous is probably second hand. But what if second hand clothes isn't your thing? There are still more environmentally friendly ways to shop, like taking in consideration where and how the garment was made, or simply consume less.

After the discussion we had a so called "clothing swap". Everyone had brought a bunch of stuff we felt we didn't need and traded with each other. Or more like, put it all on the table and grab whatever you like. So I came home a few T-shirts poorer, but one really pretty dress and a red scarf richer. And it didn't cost  me a penny. 

Inga kommentarer: