lördag 16 juli 2011

HP&tDH - A Review

The Last Stand. The Final Battle. The End of an Era. Yesterday I was at the the Scandia Movie Theatre with my four nerd friends and saw the last installment of the Harry Potter series. Having read the book, of course I knew how it was going to end, but that didn't mean I haven't looked forward to this day for the major part of the past year. And what better place is there to end this amazing franchise at the beautiful theatre on Drottninggatan, a theater so classic the seats are missing cupholders.

*Warning. May contain spoilers*

The experience last night could be compared to the IB-exam. Something that we have had in our minds for a very long time, 2 years, freaking out about and having feelings that are a mixture between nervousness and excitement. However, when we finally arrived at the moment of truth, I/we kept calmed and sat through the entire thing with honor. No freakouts, no waterfalls of salty tears, no hulking. I admit, a few tears ran down my face yesterday, but seeing Fred, Tonks and REMUS freaking LUPIN'S dead bodies all at the same time was too much.

Over all, I think the movie kept a high standard. They captured Snape's memories really well, they included the most classic line in the series (said by Molly Weasley) and the in-the-novel-non-existent Neville-Luna relationship all the HP fans wished to happen was adorable. I am a little disappointed they didn't have a Teddy Lupin in the epilogue, but eh. It was definitely one of the better HP-movies.

Inga kommentarer: