söndag 4 december 2011

Luang Prabang Film Festival

The 3rd of December the 2nd Annual Luang Prabang Film Festival was launched. This film festival focuses on films from southeast Asia and ends the 7th of December. Luang Prabang has no movie theaters, but instead a large screen has been set up by the market where everyone can who wants can watch. Together with Niclas and my step-grandfather I was invited to the Opening Party which was held at the French Cultural Center in town. The evening was a mingle under the stars, with drinks and canapés from the local restaurants to nibble as we socialized with the other guests. The crowd was a mix of western expats, important people from Vientiane and possibly some Lao movie stars. The buzz of the night was the movie that had rolled after the public opening ceremony, which I did not see but I now wish I did. "On Safer Grounds" it is called and is a documentary about a Lao football team traveling to Sweden to compete in Gothia Cup, the world's largest youth football cup. Its in English, but was shown with lao subtitles. I talked to the director and asked if it's possible to see the film somewhere else, and he told me they will talk to Swedish television about it. Maybe sometimes next year. So keep an eye out!

Inga kommentarer: