söndag 5 juli 2009

Roadtrip

Most of you know that I'm touring the United States this summer. For you who don't know, me and my family are traveling around America right now, we started in Virginia and Washington and tomorrow we will fly from DC to Seattle. We arrived last Tuesday. Friday the same week my stepdad would arrive from Sweden to DC so we decided to drive up Thursday to see the city for a couple of days. We saw the typical tourist attractions, the Mall of course. Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the White House and we wanted to see the Air and Space museum, but the line was long so we went inside the Native Americans Museum (I do not remember if this is the correct name). Our hotel was in a different part of town though. We stayed at a hotel called The Latham in was located in Georgetown.

Georgetown is very different from what I saw around the Mall. It feels older, the houses are smaller and the stores cooler. It almost like Washington's version of NY's Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I bought a pair of Levi's jeans there, and a Obama shirt.

Saturday we drove back to Virginia where our relatives live to celebrate 4th of July, and tomorrow we're flying to Seattle.

Inga kommentarer: