söndag 11 oktober 2009

barack and alfred

An other weekend has passed and tomorrow its Monday again, I'll not complain because so far school's not that bad. It could absolutely been worse. Or maybe I am just totally unaware if we have homework or not. I sure hope that's not the case. 

I guess and hope most people know this already but for you who never and ever read the newspaper or just is very isolated, Obama won the Nobel peace prize. I have split feelings about this. He gets the prize as a symbol for hope, and for encouraging and saying "We think you're doing the right thing". I think thats great and I will not say I don't think he deserves the prize, because he does. I also think Obama's fight for a nuclear weapon free world is awesome. But, I cannot stop to suspect that the prize is given to him because, well, I don't know, maybe the Norwegians are just some big suck-ups.

The difference between the Nobel Peace Prize and the other Nobel Prizes is that the Peace prize will be given out in Oslo, and the others in Stockholm. Normally the winner goes to Stockholm after the ceremony though to visit the king. I sure hope Obama does. If he does I'm going to try take take a photo of him and then double the size of the picture like ten times and post it on my wall. 
And the peace prize is decided by the Norwegian committee and the other ones by the Swedish one. 

1 kommentar:

Sarah sa...

It would be kind of RUDE if Obama came all the way to Scandinavia without meeting us!
*loves Obama*