måndag 26 september 2011

Almost Bangkok

To get to Luang Prabang you have to transfer flights in Bangkok. The only flights to Luang Prabang leaves in the morning, but my plane from Stockholm, after a short stop in Copenhagen, arrives to the airport in Bangkok 2.30 in the afternoon. This means I have to spend a night in Bangkok and this we knew when we booked the ticket. But it leaves me with several possibilities. I can do the “Hangover” way, but I think most people prefer not to. Being a 19-year old girl, I figure it is not a good idea for me to run around in Bangkok by myself, especially since I have never been to this part of the world before. I choose to stay at a small hotel outside the city, just ten minutes from the airport because even though it is the least adventurous choice, it is the most convenient and absolutely the safest way. It is not like my three months stay here in Southeastern Asia is going to lack excitement.

The flight went nothing but smooth, no problem at all. I must admit I wanted to die a little when I first had to pass through the passport/immigration thingy wondering if I had filled out my form correctly, and secondly waiting for my bag to arrive which seemed to take an eternity. To be fair, mine was one of the last to appear

I then met up with the hotel staff who gave me and two other guests a ride to our hotel. These two other hotel guests were two older gentlemen in their mid-fifties from Bali on their way to Bangkok after spending some time in Laos (and here I of course pointed out that Laos was my next destination). I was told by my new friend Hendry from Bali that he had been to Laos four times, both Vientiane and Luang Prabang, spent some time studying in Switzerland, and also that the next time I go traveling Bali should be on my list.

We then arrived at the hotel and were shown to our rooms. I had my first thai massage ever and rediscovered that I am as flexible as an old oak table.

1 kommentar:

Kina Paulsson sa...

Finally my dearest daughter, what I have been waiting!