onsdag 28 september 2011

Luang Prabang

At nine in the morning the hotel drives me to the airport where I am to catch my last flight before I arrive to Luang Prabang. THsi time my travel comrades are not two older gentlemen, but a huge chinese family that fills all the seats of the car. Which do not sound very impressive, until you know that the car had 10 seats. Not counting the driver and the passenger seat in the front. I assume they're Chinese because of firstly: they spoke english with the driver, which meant they were not Thai, secondly: they were flying with China Air., and then thirdly: they just felt very Chinese.

However, I go though security, look into some shops at the airport and then find my gate. We travelers fill about half the seats in this little micro-plane that is going to take us to Lung Prabang. When we finally arrive the scenery has changed from the water-rice fields mixed with highways to big soft rolling green hills, small tiny villages and a mud-brown river going through it all. The river is of course the Mekong River, which runs through all of Laos. At the micro-airport I pass security in two minutes, wait for my bag in five and then exits the airport 10 minutes after we landed. There I am met by my stepdad's father, so basically my step-grandad and we drive into the small city of Luang Prabang.

Inga kommentarer: