tisdag 9 juni 2009

academic awards

Okay, so, my second post in english *Yay everybody cheer!!*. Tuesday today, and B-day which I hate because I have double period chemistry. After coming home from school I didn't do anything special. I don't even remember what I did so it can't have been very important. 

At 7.00 p.m we had some kind of event  in school, Academic Awards. Like handing out diplomas to students who done well during the year. I think that is one thing that american high school differ the most from swedish school. In Sweden the schools don't, in lack of better words, notice the students' their achievements very much. Absolutely no "student of the month" prizes. I guess that is both a good or a bad thing. Good because students feel like their hard work in school is counted for something. I guess the bad part is when the people who are struggling with school but can't get good grades and they see all these super smart people get their prizes or whatever they get all depressed or something and then maybe have even harder to concentrate in school. But i don't know, I am not a psychologist, I don't know how everything works. And I don't have enough knowledge to state an opinion of what I think yet.

Inga kommentarer: