fredag 19 juni 2009

Prom

We all know what it is, we all want to be there. We dream about as little girls in elementary school. I have no idea if this is true, maybe if a was an american kid I could have an opinion about it. But I'm not, so the only thing I can do is to talk about what happened that evening and maybe share some deeper thoughts about it.

After finishing an english regents and chem regents in school I hurried my way over to the flower shop where I met my mom. In there the line was long. The day of prom must be their favorite day of the year. Then we drove back home, I showered and got ready and at 4.25 I went out to the car and we drove over to Lukas' house (now, all my dear swedish friends, I know what you're thinking. "Isn't the guy suppose to pick up his date???" But trust me, life isn't a high school movie).  There I met his parents, we talked and took pictures. At 5.15 maybe me and Lukas drove over to a friends house. She had some kind of before prom with snacks, drink and a lot of people. 

From there we again drove to school where buses waited for us. They took all guests to the city where our cruise waited for us. Excited as we all were we walked onto the boat. There were a lot of kids, some teachers and two police officers. Before the boat had left the pier it swayed and got tossed a lot and I think a lot of people got a little worried. What if the trip's going to be like this all the time? We didn't had to worry though, when the boat started to move the floor got stable. 

The night consisted of a lot of talking, chilling, dancing, taking pictures and some eating. The food wasn't great, but what to expect? When the sun went down and left the sky black the NY skyline was beautiful. We sailed over the water of Hudson, got a look at the Statue of Liberty, went under the Brooklyn Bridge and everything was shining.

After 11.00 somewhere we came back to stable ground.  Walking up a couple of blocks we all managed to get into a cab (Not all people at once though). We arrived at Warwick hotel at 6th Avenue a little later where we got our two rooms and suite. Waking up at ten thursday morning after having an awesome night and with two hours of sleep. 

Inga kommentarer: