måndag 21 februari 2011

Oscars

In less than a week it is time for the 83rd Annual Academy Award. Since movies have in the past years fought it's way up to be among my top 3 interests I am super-excited. So are my friends, especially one of them (you know who you are). We are counting down days until the 27th and we are really trying to find a way to watch it live. Since the time difference between Los Angeles and Stockholm are 9 hours, we can't really watch it at someone's house if they don't live alone. We are working on a solution.

I have never managed to see all of the nominees for Best Picture, and I wont manage this year either but hopefully I can come close. So far I've seen Toy Story 3, Inception, The Kids Are Allright and The King's Speech. The King's Speech was amazing, every second of every scene. Sadly, the most anticipated movie among my friends won't premiere until 14th of March. Yes, I am talking about Black Swan. We will try to see True Grit this week, and that leave me 5/10. Half of them. Me and my mom have decided to see Winter's Bone next week and I guess that is better than never.
I also love James Franco, which is another reason I will really try to see the awards since he is co-hosting it with Anne Hathaway. I also will try to see 127 Hours when I have time.

Of course, some could claim that if I really wanted to see the movies I could simply download them, but I have been told that at least some of these titles should be enjoyed in a cinema and I trust this judgement.

Inga kommentarer: