tisdag 1 februari 2011

teaching

Sometimes I consider being a teacher. Maybe being a high school teacher could be fun. To be a collage professor must be fun, especially if you teach at some of the major universities. During this weekend I helped my brother's girlfriend with some biology, and it was so much fun! I could have spent hours going through genetics with her, luckily she didn't have to go through that.

Today, I teached students a year younger than me. They had english and since I didn't have class at that time I helped out with essay structure and IB stuff, since their original teacher is new to the IB, and that I am certainly not. I was extremely nervous, my biggest fear was that they would start a war or just being out of control. Of course that was just foolish thinking. When I realized they were all listening closely to every word I said, I realized another terrifying fact. What if they thought I was stupid? Or if I said something terribly wrong? However, I think that I did a good job and I think that I managed to create some kind of impression that I am the older, wiser and cooler senior. Everything I said was relevant to their english course and I even made them laugh sometimes. And except for the above fears it was a lot of fun actually.

Yesterday the TV-series "Klass 9a" or "Class 9a" premiered on SVT1. I did not watch it and I do not plan to but I saw the old season from three years ago. This time they are focusing on the teachers instead of the students, which I personally think is great. When I read about the show in the paper all those memories of terrible teachers came back and I think that is what makes me want to become a teacher from time to time. Because I think I could actually make a great teacher.

But when I'm done thinking that I can change the entire swedish school system by myself and save all the high school students from getting bad grades I return to my original plans. Which I am not really sure about either, but more on that another day.

Inga kommentarer: