söndag 13 november 2011

7 weeks

Today was 7 weeks since I left Stockholm and set out for Laos. One might think that I covered Luang Prabang and has nothing left to do now, which is only partly true. I compare myself with other travelers and I conclude that we have completely different tempos. It is not like ones who visit Luang Prabang are stressful, but we are still on different levels. They have very often 3-4 days to cover Luang Prabang and do everything they want to do, which means they often stuff their days with some kind of activities like visit the waterfalls, going elephant riding or go trekking among the hill tribes. Therefor they probably wake up early, eat breakfast, do their thing, get back and eat dinner. But most of the times they have a plan what to do. When you, like me, live somewhere one can´t stuff the days full. Or, you just don't, because you know you have so much time to do things you want to do, and end up doing a lot of noting most days of the week. I try to spend some of my "doing nothing" days writing on my NaNo, but so far I have failed miserably. It might not be a bad thing however, we sometimes need a period when we can do just that, nothing. The problem is that when you are by yourself it is hard to find the motivation to get up and actually do something. These days, I get out of bed around 11-12, mostly because I have no real reason to get up. Because I lack the motivation. That is way I have been doing a lot of things when Peter the Dane and Hildur from Iceland were in Luang Prabang but almost nothing while Im by my own. Also, if I had the tempo as the travelers have, I would have covered all of Luang Prabang before the first week was over. Now I have still some exciting things to do and see. I would also have been completely broke. And exhausted. Sorry for the rambling.

Inga kommentarer: