tisdag 8 november 2011

Vikings Unite

After Peter the Dane left Luang Prabang I have been by myself a couple of days. Yesterday however, a girl from Hildur contacted me through Couchsurfing and asked if I wanted to hang out. During the day I had a Lao Massage and in the evening I had a dinner with Hildur who us from Iceland. It turned out in we had the same taste in literature, both being big nerds and huge fans of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Mr Darc.. Ehm I mean Pride and Prejudice. We then had a beer at the new popular hangout place in Luang Prabang called Utopia, a very relaxed bar who's customers are mainly backpackers. We also spent Tuesday together. By bike we went to the Phousy Market, a big market outside the center. This is were many of the Laotians go to do their shopping. You find anything from non-refrigerated meat to veggies to shoes to alive fish in large buckets. As we walked around in the meat area we tried to guess that actually were for sale. We found several piles of pig feet, bags with blood, plates with what we believed was liver and buckets of intestines. Yum. After biking around for a while and looking in bookstores we had a lunch at a Korean-BBQ inspired little place by the Nam Khan River, where we saw the cutest and smallest puppies I've seen since I got to Luang Prabang. They couldn't have been more than a couple of days old. Right by the street, by themselves. I seriously considered adopting them. Sadly they disappeared while we weren't looking, and so did the box they were next to. Very mysterious indeed. And heartbreaking at the same time.

Inga kommentarer: