tisdag 1 november 2011

Hanoi Part 2: Couchsurfing

I spent one night at a guesthouse in Hanoi's Old Quarter and I then again packed my bags. Through Couchsurfing I have gotten into contact with a girl who lives a 10 minutes drive from my guesthouse. I am to stay at her place for 3 nights in Hanoi before I catch the bus back to Luang Prabang. 10 am I stand waiting outside a French bakery and when Kelly get there she recognizes me easily, since a 19 years old blonde girl with a large backpack and lost look on her face pretty much stands out from the rest of the surrounding. We have som coffee before we return to her house where I leave my things, we then drive around town a little and grab some lunch before she is off to work and I cover all the tourist attraction in Hanoi. Sadly Uncle Ho's Mausoleum is closed for repair and I could only see the outside. However, I checked off the Ho Chi Min Museum, the Mausoleum, the One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature off the to do-list. In the evening I met up with Kelly and her work mates for dinner at Hanoi Social Club, an expat haven I would think and had an excellent dinner and a Dr Who conversation who actually have seen the old ones but totally approve of the new. We both agreed that David Tenant is the greatest thing that ever happened to the show. The second day was filled with rain from the beginning to end. I walked around in the french quarters and looked in some bookstores, grabbed a hot chocolate at Highlander Coffee and had sushi in the neighborhood I stayed. Over all a good day. Day three was great. I spent the entire day rereading Eat, Pray Love, and at night me and Kelly set out to celebrate Halloween. First a local bar where we met a lot of people and I had a beer that was not BeerLao. From there we moved on to a house party that was filled to the edge of expats. I even met a Swedish guy there. From the houseparty we went to the only after-midnight open club in Hanoi, a pretty sketchy place with a Eastern Europe feeling over it. Over all a pretty awesome night.

Inga kommentarer: