lördag 5 november 2011

Possible Drop-down

When my family and I were to move to a New York suburb in 2008 my mom and her husband they took course in Intercultural Training. They spoke about the different stages you go though when you move into a new culture. First is the Honeymoon-stage in which everything is perfect and beautiful. Then, after 1-2 months you start to go into a drop down, which can lead to tiredness and sometimes even depression. After having spent more than a month in Laos, I have realized that I am entering my drop-down and it takes its shape of an huge ball of homesickness. Even though I'm living in a charmingly beautiful little town and I just got back from an amazing adventure on the road, I miss Home, Stockholm, Sweden. I miss my friends, and miss my family and I miss a decent internet connection. Being the only non-lao nineteen-year-old in a town is quite lonely. Even though all the guys from the hotel are very nice, I don't really hang out with them. Especially since they're working during the days and I am not. Most of the Laotian girls have an almost non-existant English or are very shy, so its hard to connect with them. As the café is still not finished I have a lot of free time which is quite hard to spend when you don't have anyone to spend it with. Luckily I can always do some writing on my NaNo. But when nothing really happens during your day you don't get really inspired. To get out of this rot I have decided do something fun next week, I just have to figure out what. Possibly Elephant-riding. Or cruising on the mekong. Or kayaking. Or trekking the the mountains. The choices are really so many, one might wonder why I complain I got nothing to do.

Inga kommentarer: