onsdag 30 november 2011

End of November

Last of November and NaNoWriMo is over. I finished in time, 50 000 words in 30 days. I still have to finish the draft, and then there is a lot of editing. So maybe, maybe I'll be done somewhat done in January. 

As I have been talking about earlier, Luang Prabang have a lot of Wats, or Temples where the monks live. Four o'clock every afternoon the monks gather by the wat's drum and perform a ceremony by playing the drums and cymbals in a rhythm I really can't explain. The drums you find at the buddhist wats are called "Ho-ko" or "Dharma Drum". They play only for a short time but every time I hear the ritual I feel exhilarated with spiritual energy. I guess it's because I'm a real fan of buddhism. What I have recently noticed is that they play the drums at 4 in the morning as well. Not as laud, and maybe not all wats, but when I went to bed last Saturday I could faintly hear the rhythm of the drum outside somewhere. 

Inga kommentarer: