söndag 2 september 2012

September 1st

My gap year is now officially over. At least almost. I start school on Monday, so pretty much over. The year spent drinking fruit shakes in the Lao sun and making lattes to successful european scientists has past. Yesterday me and my dad drove 6 hours south to the city of Lund, one of the two major university cities in Sweden where I am to spend the next 6 months and probably more. Japanese will be my main focus for the rest of the year, then move on to Media and Communication if I don’t change my mind until then. I live in a three-room apartment with my flat-mate and so far my room is not very different from a prison cell with its only furniture being a bed and a book shelf. Except for my flowery sheets and “Keep Calm and Read Jane Austen” poster I guess. My wardrobe look lovely though.

Today I biked round town, got some student supplies, networked and went nuts at the local tea store. Well, at least I get to use my lovely tea pot my mother got me. As long as there is tea there’s hope.


First homemade dinner in the new apartment: Pasta Gratin with bacon and spinach. Like a boss. 

Inga kommentarer: